Irene Antonia (Kowalski) Erchenbrecher, passed away January 12, 2009 at the Rutherford House in Fremont, OH.
She was born February 3, 1919 in Fremont to the late Joseph and Angela (Wydra) Kowalski. She was a 1936 graduate of Fremont Ross High School and attended Tiffin Business College. She married Edwin C. Erchenbrecher, Jr. on April 15, 1943 at St. Casmir's Catholic Church, where she served on the Society for the Blessed Virgin, the Society of St. Francis and the Altar Rosary Society. Irene was also a member of St. Ann Catholic Church for 60 years. Irene worked as a cashier at Fremont's City Market where she met her husband Edwin. She was a secretary at the Gas Company, Erie Proving Grounds, the Sandusky County Municipal Court and C.S. Jeavons Company in Fremont. She was a life-long avid gardener, was a charter member of the Countywide Garden Club and filled offices of president, secretary and treasurer in that organization. She helped establish the Garden Center Council (a forerunner of the Tree & Beautification Committee), as well as the Sandusky County Audubon Society. Irene was instrumental in creating the green spaces within the Sandusky County Fairgrounds, where she tended the gardens for many years. She was also a member of the Women's Auxiliary of VFW.
Online Condolences: www.keller-ochs-kochfuneralhome.com
Keller-Ochs-Koch-Mason Funeral & Cremation Service was privileged to serve Irene's family.